Thursday, March 19, 2009

Coconut Cake


This is super easy and really yummy!

1 pkg. white cake mix
1 1/2 C. unsweetened coconut milk (I just use one whole can)
4 large egg whites

Beat together. Pour into 2 round 8" greased and floured cake pans or double recipe and pour into 3 round 9" cake pans. Bake at 350 for 22 min.

Frosting
3 1/2 C. powdered sugar
1/2 C. butter, softened
1 tsp. coconut extract
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened

Combine and frost cake. THen press flaked coconut on top and sides.

I made cupcakes, baking them for 18 min. I frosted them then dipped them up-side-down into a bowl of flaked coconut. They came out really pretty and were so very easy!

1 comment:

kstrack said...

Sounds Yummy! It makes me want to make my yummy coconut bread recipe! and go to Hawaii! ;)