Friday, March 9, 2012

Black Bean Chicken Chili

Adapted from Our Best Bites - Mormon Moms in the Kitchen (White Chicken Chili)


I cooked up 4 Chicken Breasts with 5 pepper blend & garlic salt and some Chicken Broth.  I mixed this in the Kitchen Aide to shred it.

In a large pot I combined
64 oz Chicken Broth (or water and Kirkland Organic No Salt Seasoning, my replacement for Chicken Broth when I am out or don't have enough on hand)
6 cans Black Beans Drained
Shredded Chicken
2 can green chilies
2 tsp Cumin
1 med onion diced (or about 2 TBSP dried)
2-3 TBSP chopped Garlic (to taste)
2 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Dried Cilantro (a handful of fresh would be even better!)
1/2 tsp 5 pepper blend or more to taste
1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
1/8 - 1/4 C Lime Juice

combined and bring to a boil and simmer 15-20 min and then enjoy

Topping Ideas:
Sour Cream
Cilantro
green onions
Shredded Pepper Jack or Monterey Jack Cheese
Avacado
Tortillas or Chips
Lime Wedge

No comments: