Monday, October 27, 2008

Garden pasta

I kind of made this up, but it turned out really good and is a great way to use up those home-grown tomatoes.


Fun pasta (my kids are more likely to eat bow-tie than anything else)
About 4 C. cut up tomatoes. (I cut cherry tomatoes in half, but I'm sure it'd work with other kinds)
2-5 cloves crushed/chopped Garlic
thyme
basil
oregano
rosemary
montreal steak seasoning
15 oz. ricotta cheese (I only had about half that and it was good, but a full container would be better probably)
1/2 - 1 C. parmesan cheese

Cook pasta.

Place tomatoes into pan heated with olive oil. Add spices. I just did a couple sprinkles of each. Let that heat and simmer for about 15 min. Tomatoes should break down a bit and make it liquidy.

Add cheeses to tomatoes and heat through. Pour over pasta.

Sausage would also really be good in this I bet.

2 comments:

kstrack said...

ooh that sounds good I might have to try that this week!

Anonymous said...

How many does this serve?