Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Grilled Bruschetta Chicken


I got this recipe off www.kraftfoods.com and made a few tweaks to it. My whole family gave it thumbs way up. It had a really great flavor.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
4 T. Italian dressing, divided (I used Newman's Own)
2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tsp dried basil, or you can use fresh
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (I didn't have any on hand, so I chopped up a string cheese stick)

Marinade the chicken with 2T. Italian dressing for 10 minutes. Cover 1/2 of grill with heavy duty foil. Heat grill and place chicken on the uncovered side of the grill. Throw away the marinade. Cook for 6 minutes. In the mean time, mix the tomatoes, remaining dressing, basil, and cheese. Turn chicken over and place on foil. Top with tomato mixture and grill for 8 minutes, until chicken is done and cheese is melted.

4 comments:

Olivia said...

I have the same recipe and am making it this week! Why did you use Italian dressing vs. the sun dried tomato dressing?

Patti Smith said...

I didn't have the sun dried tomato dressing, plus it isn't my favorite, so I just used Italian dressing instead. I really liked the flavor of it.

Our family said...

Oh wow this was good! Seriously so good! Loved it, just wish I could bear to eat more. Mmmmmmmmmm! Thanks for the recipe!

kstrack said...

So everyone raved so much we had to try it and it was VERY yummy! No leftovers at our house tonight!