Saturday, February 14, 2009

Evil Jungle Princess

Weird name, I know, but that's what it's called at Thaifoon. This is a list of the ingredients, and while it's not a complete recipe (amounts), I'm entering it here before I lose the scrap of paper I wrote it down on. I'll perfect it hopefully after I try cooking it. If you want to take a stab at it, go for it. It's delicious at Thaifoon.

Chicken cut in chunks, salted and rubbed with fresh ginger
A couple large carrots julienned
Long beans or grean beans or peas
bean sprouts
red pepper julienned
mushrooms (optional)
water chestnuts (optional)
fresh basil

2+ Tbsp. peanut butter
Sweet Thai red chili sauce (found at Walmart)
1 Tbsp. Samall Oelek (found at Asian market)
Red curry
3 cans coconut milk (this seems to me like about 3 times as much as you'd need)

Cook the chicken, then remove from pan. Mix chili sauce, oelik, red curry and coconut milk in pan and heat. Add peanut butter. Add chicken and vegetables.

Serve with rice.

2 comments:

kstrack said...

Sounds delish I am going to have to try it!

Anonymous said...

THis sounds yummy. Have you ever tried this recipe? do you have any measurements?
Thanks
Amy