Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cafe Rio Copy Cat Recipes

Okay so I finally tried some of these recipes

The Chicken is very good, the dressing was a little hot but if I remember right that is how Cafe Rio's is too.... I haven't eaten a salad there for awhile. I thought about trying that lime rice recipe but the one Patti posted on this site is good enough for me!

Chicken

5 lbs chicken breast- boneless skinless
1 small bottle zesty italitan dressing
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tpsp cumin
3 cloves garlic, minced
Mix all ingredients together in a large crock pot.
Cook on high for 5-7 hours. Remove chicken and shred with fork. Reserve a small amount of juice and pour over shredded chicken to keep moist. Keep warm.

Cilantro Lime Dressing
1 pkg of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Dressing dry mix (There is a subsitution for this you can make from scratch in my book.)

1 cup buttermilk

1 cup mayonnaise

1-2 tomatillos, peel

1 clove garlic minced

1/3 bunch cillantro, chopped

1/2 tsp lime juice

1/2 small jalapeno, seeds removed

Blend ingredients together in a blender. Add additional mayonnaise if dressing is too thin. Keep refrigerated. I tired using Plain Yogurt in place on Mayo and it was just fine.


other copy cat recipes


1 comment:

kstrack said...

I finally tired some of them and YUMMY! It makes so much chicken you can freeze enough for a couple meals and just pull it out anytime! My kinda recipe!