Friday, July 4, 2008

Crockpot Italian Chicken

I originally got the base for my recipe from a ward cookbook I got for my wedding.

4-6 chicken Breasts (6-12 chicken tenders)
1/4 C butter, melted (1 stick of butter)
1 pkgs Good Seasons Dry Italian seasoning (any brand Italian dressing mix)
6 oz cream cheese (8 oz)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 C water (I usually don't add water, but I start with frozen chicken)
cooked rice or pasta

Chicken breasts can be left whole or cut into pieces. Dip Chicken in melted butter and place in crockpot. Pour 2 packages of Italian seasoning over chicken and cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. When chicken is done make a sauce by (adding cream cheese & cream of chicken soup to the crockpot and mix well) mixing in a saucepan the cream cheese, chicken soup and water, stirring until smooth. Pour into Crockpot and stir well with chicken ans seasoning. Warm for 5 (or a few more hours) minutes and serve over rice or pasta.

So that is the original recipe! My modifications to amounts in (). Okay so you can cook the chicken first in the Crockpot, you can also mix everything except rice or pasta in and cook it all together. That is how I usually do it, we ate this almost every Sunday when we were first married! It isn't a super low fat meal but is one I save for special dinners or Sunday dinners.

1 comment:

Our family said...

Yep, this is another good one. All my kids liked it. And let me just say, I love having this site. My kids just might break the tenth percentile on their weight if they keep eating like this.