Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Easy Burritos

So I made this recipe up :), I used Betty Crockers "Spanish Rice" recipe and added to it.

I used
1 can chopped tomatoes
2 little cans of tomato sauce
1 cans on black beans, rinsed well
1 costco cans of Chunk chicken
rice, cooked
chopped onion
garlic powder
chili powder
lime juice, from a few sections of the lime
cheese
and uncooked tortilla shells

I added all the ingredients down to lime juice together and simmered for an hour and half. It would probably be good with cilantro as well if you had some of that. Add the seasoning to your taste, it takes more than you think as the chicken and rice soak up a lot of the taste. Add enough rice to make it a good consistency for burritos.

cooked the tortilla shells and added cheese and rice mixture and folded your burritos.

I liked it and Kiri said it got 5 thumbs up! :)

1 comment:

Patti Smith said...

That sounds good. I'll have to try that :)