Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pesto Salmon Salad


This recipe is from the Lodge my husband stayed at on his Alaskan Fishing Trip. Sorry about the Picture this was taken of the left overs Isaac is taking for lunch tomorrow and so I couldn't mix it all together like it should be. I chopped up my piece of salmon and mixed it all together.

So you cook the Salmon using Sea Salt and a 5 pepper Blend, must be the 5 pepper blend as it has sweet pepper and other peppers. We just cooked it in the frying pan.

The Topping/ Dressing is tomatoes chopped and Mozzarella cheese or another soft cheese this time we used Panela, chopped. Then you can use either a packet mix of Pesto or we used the classico traditional basil pesto. I liked the jar type better than the dry packet kind.

Then just shred the lettuce, whatever kind you prefer (we used romaine) and pile on the fish and dressing.

I am not a fan of Salmon and I LOVED this! I wanted seconds. Kiri ate without any whining. And of course Isaac loved it.

It prepares really fast and easy, but tastes like a lot of work!

1 comment:

Patti Smith said...

OK, so I didn't realize that you had posted this until just now. Now it makes sense what you were talking about. It looks good!