Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rigatoni Lasagna

I love lasagna, but I don't like the prep of it. Last night, I thought I had all the ingredients to make it, so I decided, why not. I didn't have lasagna noodles, but I did have some rigatoni, so I used that. It was easier for Holden to eat it that way and turned out pretty good.

cooked noodles (6 lasagna or any other kind)
1/2 lb ground beef
1T. Italian seasoning
1/2-3/4 jar spaghetti sauce
8 oz Monterey jack cheese
8-12 oz cottage cheese

Brown ground beef. I like to add onion to mine, either dehydrated or fresh, depending on what I have. Add Italian seasoning and spaghetti sauce. In a 11x7 or 9x9 pan, place a little spaghetti sauce in the bottom. Layer 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the meat mixture, 1/3 cottage cheese and 1/3 of the Monterey jack cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are gone. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot. You can vary temp/time if cooking with something else.

No comments: