Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sloppy Joes

I've been trying to find a good Sloppy Joe recipe that was fairly easy. I got this one out of an old ward cookbook, and it is yummy. I probably like this one so much because it doesn't have green peppers, but I'm sure you could add them if you liked them. Both Austin and Makayla liked it also.

2lbs ground beef - as lean as possible
1 C. onions, chopped (dehydrated onions work well too.)
1 1/2 C. catsup
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 T. vinegar
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1T. sugar
1/2 tsp salt
dash pepper

I was going to make the whole thing in the crockpot, but I was short on time getting ready that I browned the ground beef and onion on the stovetop and then put it into the crockpot with the rest of the ingredients all day. The instructions are for stove top and say to simmer at least 1/2 hour on medium heat. Freezes well and gets better each time you warm it up.

1 comment:

kstrack said...

my family has a yummy sloppy joe recipe i will see if I can locate it for you! :)