Saturday, May 31, 2008

Chocolate Cream Cheese cake or cupcakes

This is my favorite recipe

1 1/2 C Flour
1 C Sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C cocoa
1 tsp soda
1 C water
1/3 C oil
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla

Sift flour, sugar, salt, cocoa & soda and mix well. Add other ingredients. Mix well and fill cupcake papers 1/3 full.

FILLING:
1 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1- 6 oz pkg chocolate chips
1 egg
1/3 C sugar
(I add a tsp vanilla as well but the recipe doesn't call for it :D )

Mix well all ingredients and put 1 TBSP filling on top of cake mixture in each cupcake paper. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Eat warm or chilled. Makes 1 1/2 dozen.

I also like to do this in a bundt pan and dump the cream cheese mixture in the center and so it is a surprise cake. When I was growing up my mom made a variation of this recipe and they were called treasure cupcakes because the cream cheese was hidden inside.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

My friends and I are talking about setting up a similar sort of blog. Would you be interested in say 3-4 more contributors?

kstrack said...

yes for sure!

Patti Smith said...

Kirsten - can you add them? or do I need to?

Patti Smith said...

Oh, and that cake looks YUMMY!! I can't wait to have an event to try it.

kstrack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.