Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Enchilada Bake

I am not sure where I picked up the recipe, but it is very yummy! I was thinking enchiladas when I went to make it but it is actually Enchilada Lasagna.

I used reg flour tortillas since I always have them on hand. I didn't read the part about covering, I just baked it for 20 min uncovered and it was fine.

1 can (19oz) mild enchilada sauce, divided
1 can (15.25oz) corn, drained ( I used frozen)
1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed
1 lb. shredded cooked chicken
2 tbsp cilantro
12 corn tortillas, divided
1 ¼ C shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided

Heat oven to 350. In bowl, combine ½ can of encilada sauce, the corn, black beans, chicken, and cilantro. Line the bottom of 9x13 baking dish with 4 corn tortillas, and top with half of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with ¼ C cheese. Place 4 more tortillas on top, and then remaining chicken mixture and another ¼ C cheese. Top with 4 tortillas and cover with remaining enchilada sauce. Cover and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes more.

Serves 8
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes

1 comment:

Olivia said...

We had this tonight and really enjoyed it. The only changes I made were:

We had refried black beans on the side instead of in the enchilada bake, and I cut the flour tortillas into squares so they would spread more evenly and be easier to dish up.

This is a keeper!