Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mini Meatloaves or My Favorite Meatloaf

The original recipe is from SavingDinner.com but I have modified it to my liking.

INGREDIENTS: (Serves 4- with leftovers)
1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
1 cup soft bread crumbs, add more to the consistency you want ( I make my own bread crumbs in the blender, I also add the Italian seasoning to the blender and mix them together well)
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning or more if you like more flavor, I use at least a TBSP
1/4 cup ketchup
2 zucchini shredded (I food process mine as small as possible)
1 egg, slightly beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except ketchup, mixing with very clean hands (the only way to make meatloaf). Place about 1/3 cup of the meatloaf mixture into each of 12 muffin cups, pressing lightly, but not squishing it in. Then spread a little ketchup over the tops. Bake for 20 minutes, or until centers are no longer pink. Serving size is 2 mini-meatloaves. Use a knife around the edges to get your mini meatloaves out. You will have 4 little guys left over to either freeze or have for lunch the next day.
REGULAR SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with garlic mashed potatoes

I usually make a loaf these days as I am too rushed to use the muffin pans since I only have one, when I get another muffin pan I will probably go back to the mini meatloaf style. My girls loved the mini meat loaves.

No comments: