Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fettuccini Alfredo

I got this recipe out of the new paper.
So my family LOVED this one, I thought it was okay. I think it needs some more flavor maybe a bit of salt or use garlic salt instead of garlic powder. I am still questing for a good easy Alfredo recipe that doesn't use a packet! :)

8oz dry fettuccini noodles
1 can low-fat evaporated milk
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
1/3 C Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp basil
¼ tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp parsley
¼ tsp nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
Additional add-ins: bacon pieces, chicken, broccoli, or spinach

Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and mix until smooth. Slowly add evaporated milk, whisk until smooth. Stirring often, bring to a slow boil until slightly thickened. Turn heat to medium low and add all other sauce ingredients. After sauce is heated through and smooth, add optional ingredients, toss with noodles and serve. Serves 4. Can double for large groups.

2 comments:

Patti Smith said...

I'm with you on the hunt for a good, not too calorie ridden, alfredo sauce. I can't stand the jars and I don't think I've ever tried the packets. Maybe I'll have to try this one with the suggested changes. looks yummy!

kstrack said...

I did find another in my recipes and I will let you know if it is any good! and then weight the fat content! :)