Friday, May 30, 2008

Crock Pot Indonesian Chicken

So I think I got this from SavingDinner.com but I am not sure where it came from.

I was skeptical of this recipe at first but it now will find a home on my short list of yummy meals that don't take a lot of time! Everyone loved it at my house ( I stopped counting Meka in everyone cuz she is in an anti eating phase), and our 2 extra guests Peter (Isaac's bro) loved it and wants the recipe and Brit loved it too!

INGREDIENTS: (Serves 4)
8 skinless chicken thighs (I used Chicken Breast and Tenderlion)
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (I use Braggs Amino Acids instead of Soy Sauce)
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less depending on your heat index)
1/2 cup peanut butter

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and cayenne pepper. Place chicken in a slow cooker. Spoon sauce mixture over the top of the chicken. Cover and cook on low heat setting about 6 1/2 to 7 hours, or until chicken is tender and fully cooked. Remove chicken from crock pot and stir peanut butter into juices until smooth. Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.


So in posting on this site I have realized I don't always read my recipes all the way through, so I added the PB to the sauce mix cooked it on the PB, next time I will try the other way as stated above, I am sure either way will be good.

No comments: