Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lemon Garlic Roasted Potatoes

8 or 9 Red Potatoes
½ C Butter
2 TBSP Parsley
1 tsp Lemon Zest
3 TBSP Lemon Juice
1 tsp Garlic Salt or real garlic and salt
¼ tsp Pepper
Heat ingredients in casserole dish until butter is melted. Add diced potatoes and cook at 350 for 20 to 40 min until potatoes stab easily and are “roasted” around the edges. Serve Immediately

So as I am dicing the Red Potatoes I put the casserole dish in the oven with the butter in it while the oven preheats. Once the butter is melted I add the other ingredients except the potatoes and mix well, then I add the potatoes to fill the casserole dish and just keep stirring/mixing so the potatoes all get covered. I stir/mix the potatoes about every 5-10 min while cooking so they all get the roasted edges. I no longer measure my ingredients except the butter I just put it together, this is the recipe I started with and then I tweaked it to my liking. I usually don't put in Lemon Zest or Pepper.

No comments: